Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I feel fine?

Yeah. Stage IV breast cancer. This disease will either kill me or I'll die with it. Either way, it's mine for the rest of my forever. Funny thing is, I feel fine. Not that I'm complaining. It just seems incredible to me that I can have this deadly disease in me and not feel sick. As a matter of fact, I feel pretty good. Baffling. I just started taking Xeloda yesterday, though, so my feeling good could end soon...or...maybe not? Xeloda is chemotherapy taken orally, twice a day, on for two weeks, off for one week, for as long as it's effective. I'm also getting a monthly infusion (through the port in my chest) of Zometa. Zometa is a bone strengthening medicine similar to the type an osteoporosis patient would get. Since the cancer is in my bones I'm at a greater risk of fracturing my bones.

I'm grateful that I feel so well. I plan to take advantage of that for as long as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of and praying for you and the fam! Xo from Brooklyn. Thank you for sharing - I'm sure it'll help more than you can imagine. Jen & the Rendeiro gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Kari! Love you for your brave, honest soul! I am honored to be able to follow you in your journey thru your blog. 💖😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete